미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Node hardware in 2026 — Pi, mini-PC or old laptop?

night-block-742 · 12/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 02:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2249W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 04:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 04:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 05:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 07:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 07:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 08:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2095W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 12:30 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1958W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 13:40 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 13:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 14:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 14:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 897W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 17:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3257W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 18:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 18:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 2304W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2354W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe has been at it for 32 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed