Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Recovery drills: when did you last test yours?

brave-rig-256 · 12/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 12/09/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-circuit-782 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2884W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-node-304 · 12/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 12/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
silent-nonce-260 · 12/09/26 23:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 00:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 01:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 02:00 UTC
A 1070W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 03:50 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 04:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 05:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1868W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 06:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2910W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 13/09/26 06:20 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 08:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 08:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 09:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 771W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 09:30 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 11:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 13:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 14:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2968W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 15:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 1962W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 16:50 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 17:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 17:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 18:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
A 1338W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2739W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2454W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2183W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2000W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 08:40 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 947W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 10:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1665W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 168W nobody budgets for.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 22:10 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but my M50 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 23:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 03:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 04:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S19 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1787W nobody budgets for.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 22:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
This matches my experience. a 55W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 674W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a 3272W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1124W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 04:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 11 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 06:10 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 445W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3187W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 11:10 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. my L7 has been at it for 64 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2217W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 15:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 19:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 20:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 511W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 810W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
Second this. a 159W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2986W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
A 2421W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 229W nobody budgets for.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 05:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 06:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 266W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1042W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my KS3 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 09:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2584W nobody budgets for.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 11:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2307W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 12:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 460W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 23:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 00:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 18/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 01:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 01:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 02:10 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
zen-halving-251 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 03:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 03:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1165W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 05:10 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 06:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
lucky-beacon-567 · 18/09/26 06:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 07:00 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 18/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 07:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-halving-589 · 18/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed