미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 716W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 551W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 23 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1292W nobody budgets for.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 00:20 UTC
Genuine question first: BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 05:20 UTC
My S21 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1934W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 118W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 10:10 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 798W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 72 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed