← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing
cosmic-beacon-346 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3268W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 73 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
For what it's worth, a 2180W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1254W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 992W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my KS3 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Counterpoint: RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3310W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 06:30 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 07:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 11:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
A 2315W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 390W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 606W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.