欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

lucky-beacon-567 · 13/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 19:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 20:00 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 20:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my Bitaxe has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2417W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 01:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 550W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1498W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 11:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1907W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1427W nobody budgets for.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 1869W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
Genuine question first: a 232W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 699W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 2499W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but my L7 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2924W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 04:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 777W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1344W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2853W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. a 1605W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 148W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 17 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 18:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my M50 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a 271W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed