Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

ETC miners check in — how's stability?

night-node-496 · 13/09/26 19:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
lucky-halving-589 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 319W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 20:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 20:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-130 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed