← Forum ·
ASIC & Hardware
Bitaxe Gamma owners: what would you change?
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 20:50 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 21:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
hex-furnace-202 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 21:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 13/09/26 22:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 4 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3391W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 3217W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 08:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. a 987W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 17:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 289W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2791W nobody budgets for.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 513W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?