Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

What made you start mining in the first place?

zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 21:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 13/09/26 21:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 13/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2961W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a 760W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 35 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 07:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2206W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 08:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Second this. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 380W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 2764W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
A 2677W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my M60 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1999W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 294W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2245W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed