← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell
brave-rig-256 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 13/09/26 22:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my M50 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
solar-cipher-254 · 13/09/26 23:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2632W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
A 383W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 01:20 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my old S9 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 420W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 182W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 05:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 08:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2090W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 09:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 1709W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 11:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 11:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 14:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 21 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 26 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 17:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my M50 has been at it for 42 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 20:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 21:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?