Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Air-gapped signing setups, show and tell

golden-block-317 · 13/09/26 22:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 13/09/26 22:40 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 13/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 13/09/26 23:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 00:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 00:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 01:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2082W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Late to this one but my old S9 has been at it for 7 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 04:10 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2038W nobody budgets for.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 05:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1774W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 12:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Second this. my M60 has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 13:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2171W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a 551W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 22:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1946W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 8 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1797W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but my M60 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 04:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2346W nobody budgets for.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 30 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Counterpoint: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1248W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 523W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 43 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 256W nobody budgets for.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my L7 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 18:20 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 50 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my Bitaxe has been at it for 44 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed