← Forum ·
Self-Custody & Wallets
Seed storage upgrades — what did you actually do?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 13/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 13/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 00:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 02:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 02:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 793W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 02:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 03:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 04:30 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 05:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 05:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 05:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 06:10 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 06:20 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 07:10 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 08:50 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 09:50 UTC
Second this. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 2907W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 12:40 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 13:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1202W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 15:00 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 15:10 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 3175W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 16:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1784W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 18:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 19:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 19:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 19:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 19:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 20:00 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 67 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 2213W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1203W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 1835W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 22:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?