Welcome to the Future

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Launch-sniping etiquette and tactics

rapid-relay-675 · 14/09/26 00:50 UTC
Second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 03:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 04:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 04:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 04:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 14/09/26 04:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 06:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 07:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 08:10 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 08:20 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 09:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 09:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 09:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 10:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 10:20 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my KS3 has been at it for 26 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 14/09/26 10:30 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 10:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 10:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 11:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 11:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 11:50 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 3019W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 12:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 12:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 13:30 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 14:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 14:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 14:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 15:20 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 15:40 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 15:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. a 2896W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 16:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 16:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 17:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1195W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 17:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 17:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 18:10 UTC
Renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 14/09/26 18:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 18:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed