Willkommen in der Zukunft

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Rental pricing vs owning — this week's maths

golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
golden-oracle-302 · 14/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my old S9 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 19:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 20:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 20:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my S21 has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1582W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 21:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 04:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 05:50 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
A 57W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a 2420W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2715W nobody budgets for.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1980W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
A 2902W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. a 1871W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 14:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 18:20 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed