미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Test rentals — how small is too small?

hex-hashrate-688 · 14/09/26 20:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 777W nobody budgets for.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 22:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2928W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 22:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 2553W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 604W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 116W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
A 2613W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2886W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 617W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1247W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 11:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 2882W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Second this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 14:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 14:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2436W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 16:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1419W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 331W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 18:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 19:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 20:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 786W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. my KS3 has been at it for 27 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 23:40 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 02:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 69W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 08:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 10:10 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2827W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 11:10 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 11:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Genuine question first: ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 15:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 15:20 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 17:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1869W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 17:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 10 hours than a month of reading.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a 1954W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
Interesting point above. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 21:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 22:10 UTC
Underrated topic. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3265W nobody budgets for.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1024W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 00:10 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 05:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 07:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 07:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 28 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 12:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 12:10 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2204W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 15:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my KS3 has been at it for 77 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 68 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1967W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 17:30 UTC
Undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 18:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1406W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed