Bem-vindo ao futuro

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

old S9 owners: what would you change?

quiet-cipher-484 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
noble-wallet-319 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 21:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 22:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my M50 has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3112W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 03:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 03:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
For what it's worth, XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
My S19 has been at it for 10 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2560W nobody budgets for.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 706W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
A 506W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my old S9 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a 2945W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 28 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
My L7 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
For what it's worth, a 1217W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 19:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 20:00 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 20:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1917W nobody budgets for.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my L7 has been at it for 20 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 22:40 UTC
For what it's worth, renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my S21 has been at it for 38 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 00:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but a 740W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my L7 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Good thread this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my S19 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 6 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 06:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 06:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 07:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Late to this one but heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 49 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
A 1772W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2097W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1778W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
This matches my experience. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: my S19 has been at it for 31 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 46 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 13:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2399W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 16:20 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 16:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 16:50 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 17:10 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 35 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 17:20 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2664W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1738W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 21:10 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 22:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 23:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 00:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 02:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
silent-nonce-260 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 04:10 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 05:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 05:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 05:20 UTC
Renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 16 hours than a month of reading.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 07:10 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my S19 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Second this. a 1957W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 08:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 08:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 08:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 08:50 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 09:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 518W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 09:40 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2781W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1972W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 11:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 12:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 13:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
lucky-halving-589 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 14:10 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 14:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 14:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1009W nobody budgets for.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 17:20 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 17/09/26 17:40 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1227W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 18:20 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 18:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
Underrated topic. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 19:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 20:40 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 21:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 21:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 22:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 22:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 00:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 00:40 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 01:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 01:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 18/09/26 01:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my S21 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 02:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 02:20 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1233W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 02:50 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 03:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 03:40 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 18/09/26 04:40 UTC
A 1746W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 05:00 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-relay-130 · 18/09/26 05:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 05:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 05:30 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 06:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 06:20 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 06:30 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
frost-nonce-924 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 06:40 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 06:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 07:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 18/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but my S21 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 18/09/26 09:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 09:40 UTC
Good thread this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 09:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 10:10 UTC
Genuine question first: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 18/09/26 10:20 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 10:30 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 18/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 11:00 UTC
Solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 11:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 18/09/26 11:20 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 11:40 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 12:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 12:20 UTC
Heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
golden-oracle-302 · 18/09/26 12:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 12:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 18/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1341W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 18/09/26 13:40 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 18/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe has been at it for 83 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
nova-cipher-479 · 18/09/26 14:10 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 18/09/26 14:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-stratum-402 · 18/09/26 15:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 13% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 18/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 15:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2550W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 18/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 16:20 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-block-317 · 18/09/26 17:10 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 18/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 18/09/26 18:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 18/09/26 19:30 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 18/09/26 19:40 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-nonce-225 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 18/09/26 20:00 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 18/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 18/09/26 20:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 18/09/26 21:00 UTC
This matches my experience. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed