未来へようこそ

← Forum · ASIC & Hardware

Repair wins and casualties — weekly confessional

golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 18 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 21:00 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 14/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 21:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my M50 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 14/09/26 22:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2262W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my L7 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 78W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my M60 has been at it for 69 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M60 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 07:20 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 71 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 09:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3163W nobody budgets for.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
Genuine question first: a 1740W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Underrated topic. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 40 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my old S9 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 16:20 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Good thread this. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Underrated topic. RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a 651W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Genuine question first: my KS3 has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 23:40 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 4% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
Second this. a 3147W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 00:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 01:40 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 02:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 02:40 UTC
Interesting point above. my Bitaxe has been at it for 53 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
Interesting point above. a 1897W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 06:00 UTC
This matches my experience. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 06:20 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 06:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2063W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my KS3 has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 10:10 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my M50 has been at it for 39 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 11:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
A 2660W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 16:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 17:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 17:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 17:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 20:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Genuine question first: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 57W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2710W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
Late to this one but XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2319W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 21:30 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 23:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M60 has been at it for 14 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 23:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 3156W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
crimson-mempool-907 · 17/09/26 00:00 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 02:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 02:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 03:00 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 04:20 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 59 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-hashrate-688 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
My old S9 has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 04:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
This matches my experience. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 06:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 17/09/26 06:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 07:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 600W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 08:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's your setup?
night-block-742 · 17/09/26 09:00 UTC
Underrated topic. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 09:10 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 88 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 09:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 10:00 UTC
Second this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 10:10 UTC
For what it's worth, a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 10:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 10:30 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
rapid-relay-675 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 10:40 UTC
Interesting point above. a 3322W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. a 1194W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 17/09/26 11:20 UTC
Counterpoint: second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 11:30 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-cipher-484 · 17/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 12:20 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 17/09/26 12:50 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
brave-node-304 · 17/09/26 13:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-miner-337 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 13:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 13:50 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
frost-nonce-924 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the attic was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 17/09/26 14:50 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 15:10 UTC
Second this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 17/09/26 15:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 54 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 17/09/26 15:40 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-miner-339 · 17/09/26 15:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 17/09/26 16:20 UTC
Interesting point above. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 16:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 17/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 16:50 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
nova-cipher-479 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 18:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 17/09/26 18:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 13 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 17/09/26 19:00 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 17/09/26 19:20 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
solar-oracle-291 · 17/09/26 19:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
turbo-cipher-977 · 17/09/26 20:00 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 17/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 17/09/26 20:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
night-ledger-606 · 17/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed