欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 644W nobody budgets for.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 22:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 14/09/26 22:40 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 00:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 79W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
A 3026W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2061W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 04:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a 1829W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Convince me otherwise.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. my old S9 has been at it for 61 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
My Bitaxe has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Counterpoint: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
Interesting point above. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 16% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 21% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 12:20 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a 2190W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 2535W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: my KS3 has been at it for 4 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Underrated topic. a 922W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
Underrated topic. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Counterpoint: my S21 has been at it for 5 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
For what it's worth, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
For what it's worth, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my old S9 has been at it for 41 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 20:20 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 20:20 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 20:40 UTC
A 2087W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 20:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Interesting point above. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2139W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Good thread this. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 3 hours than a month of reading. Numbers welcome.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 12 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 23:40 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 23:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 00:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
Counterpoint: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
A 1547W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
This matches my experience. undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my S19 has been at it for 51 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Underrated topic. a 1798W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 34 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
A 316W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Late to this one but second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 03:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Same here honestly. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Interesting point above. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 3% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 04:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
Same here honestly. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 05:00 UTC
Second this. my M50 has been at it for 37 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 429W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 07:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
Late to this one but difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 08:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 67W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 08:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Late to this one but my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 10:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 787W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 11:30 UTC
Second this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's everyone else seeing?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Genuine question first: second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 11:40 UTC
Good thread this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 11:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 13:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Late to this one but the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1896W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 7 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 15:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 15:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
This matches my experience. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 16:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 16:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Am I missing something obvious?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 17:00 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ETC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. my M60 has been at it for 89 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 19:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2111W nobody budgets for.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 19:30 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 2 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 19:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed