欢迎来到未来

← Forum · Hashrate & Rig Rental

Worst rental experience and what it taught you

night-block-742 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 21:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 14/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but RVN on the small rigs, RVN on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 14/09/26 22:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 19 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 23:20 UTC
Underrated topic. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
solar-cipher-254 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2395W nobody budgets for. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 14/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 3329W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S19 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 8% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 01:40 UTC
Second-hand KS3 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 02:10 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2658W nobody budgets for.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Good thread this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 17 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Genuine question first: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Good thread this. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 03:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 04:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 9% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2899W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Counterpoint: my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
This matches my experience. my Bitaxe has been at it for 57 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 07:40 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 09:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
This matches my experience. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Second this. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
Underrated topic. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
Underrated topic. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Counterpoint: solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
This matches my experience. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
Same here honestly. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my M50 has been at it for 58 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. LTC on the small rigs, LTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Convince me otherwise.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
Same here honestly. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Genuine question first: my S21 has been at it for 48 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the garage is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Genuine question first: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 20:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 20:50 UTC
Good thread this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Would you do it differently?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
Underrated topic. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Counterpoint: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 29 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Second this. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 31 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining LTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 00:00 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 00:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 00:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 01:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my L7 has been at it for 86 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 02:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 03:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
I moved everything to immersion and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 04:20 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Convince me otherwise.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2109W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 04:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 06:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my Bitaxe has been at it for 52 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 07:10 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 19 hours than a month of reading. Would you do it differently?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 08:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 1481W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 09:10 UTC
Underrated topic. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1881W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 09:30 UTC
This matches my experience. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
Late to this one but a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 11:00 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 11:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 12:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 961W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Numbers welcome.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Second this. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 12:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. ALPH on the small rigs, ALPH on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 13:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 13:10 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 14:20 UTC
Second this. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 14:40 UTC
Late to this one but multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 14:50 UTC
Heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 15:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a used server PSU and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 15:40 UTC
Second this. a 2675W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 16/09/26 15:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. renting out my spare S21 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 16:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 17:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 17:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 17:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 18:20 UTC
For what it's worth, my Bitaxe has been at it for 45 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Genuine question first: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 19:40 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed