Bienvenido al futuro

← Forum · Self-Custody & Wallets

Inheritance planning — the thread we keep postponing

golden-block-317 · 14/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.
atomic-miner-339 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
crimson-mempool-907 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 14/09/26 23:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 00:00 UTC
Second this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 00:10 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 5 hours than a month of reading.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Good thread this. a 2032W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. What's your setup?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Good thread this. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Would you do it differently?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 18% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Same here honestly. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 04:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Underrated topic. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Underrated topic. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 09:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 52W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Would you do it differently?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 11% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
Genuine question first: my spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Convince me otherwise.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
Second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for XMR taught me more in 30 hours than a month of reading.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 15:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Underrated topic. undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 16:30 UTC
Renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: renting hashrate for RVN taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Second this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1399W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's everyone else seeing?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 17:20 UTC
Second this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 18:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Convince me otherwise.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Convince me otherwise.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Same here honestly. my S21 has been at it for 16 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the basement full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 20:00 UTC
Underrated topic. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
For what it's worth, insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 21:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Anyone tried the opposite?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Counterpoint: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 7% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 22:10 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Numbers welcome.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; my flat full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 23:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed