未来へようこそ

← Forum · Bitcoin Mining

Pooled vs solo split — what ratio are you running?

delta-circuit-965 · 14/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my L7 has been at it for 13 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 14/09/26 23:00 UTC
Same here honestly. undervolting bought me 5% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
night-block-742 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-nonce-496 · 14/09/26 23:10 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 14/09/26 23:30 UTC
For what it's worth, KAS on the small rigs, KAS on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Curious what the group thinks.
silent-nonce-260 · 14/09/26 23:50 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 84 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 01:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 6% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Genuine question first: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Would you do it differently?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
For what it's worth, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 33 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Underrated topic. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Second this. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 03:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: a 1768W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's everyone else seeing?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Second this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Second this. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Same here honestly. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1026W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
Same here honestly. my spreadsheet says stop; an allotment shed full of warm hashboards says continue.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Interesting point above. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Numbers welcome.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the garage was the real fix. Numbers welcome.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Good thread this. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Genuine question first: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 840W nobody budgets for.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Same here honestly. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 81 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Counterpoint: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Am I missing something obvious?
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. What's everyone else seeing?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 12:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my old S9 has been at it for 85 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Curious what the group thinks.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M60 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 14:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
This matches my experience. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 278W nobody budgets for. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. What's your setup?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. What's your setup?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Am I missing something obvious?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 16:30 UTC
BTC on the small rigs, BTC on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Counterpoint: undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 17:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2280W nobody budgets for. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix.

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed