← Forum ·
Altcoin Mining
Launch-sniping etiquette and tactics
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 00:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
I moved everything to a PDU with metering and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 00:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 00:50 UTC
Late to this one but swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 01:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 01:20 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Second this. a 2975W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 02:20 UTC
Second this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
Good thread this. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
This matches my experience. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Genuine question first: heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Counterpoint: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's everyone else seeing?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
This matches my experience. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 04:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 20% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 05:30 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 05:40 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Would you do it differently?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 06:00 UTC
Late to this one but cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Numbers welcome.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 07:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 07:40 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Anyone tried the opposite?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Good thread this. a 1100W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 08:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3276W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Underrated topic. solo mining KAS is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 08:30 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Late to this one but a 1972W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 10:40 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Interesting point above. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 15 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to a Pi node and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 11:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1596W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 11:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
For what it's worth, heat reuse in my flat is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 12:10 UTC
Undervolting bought me 17% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 12:30 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
For what it's worth, firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Numbers welcome.
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
This matches my experience. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
Interesting point above. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 13:20 UTC
This matches my experience. a 279W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
For what it's worth, running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 13:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. solo mining BTC is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
This matches my experience. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 13:50 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 14:10 UTC
This matches my experience. I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 14:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 14:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 15:30 UTC
Late to this one but solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my M60 has been at it for 8 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
This matches my experience. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. What's your setup?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 15:50 UTC
This matches my experience. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 16:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 16:10 UTC
Same here honestly. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 16:20 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 29 hours than a month of reading. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Interesting point above. I moved everything to steel seed plates and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Counterpoint: my S19 has been at it for 60 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Genuine question first: a 2700W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. What's your setup?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
solar-cipher-254 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Anyone measuring something different?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Late to this one but undervolting bought me 15% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but my Bitaxe has been at it for 87 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 19:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — a 348W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Curious what the group thinks.
brave-rig-256 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
Interesting point above. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 19:40 UTC
My KS3 has been at it for 21 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
For what it's worth, my spreadsheet says stop; the garage full of warm hashboards says continue. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 20:30 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-block-317 · 15/09/26 20:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare M50 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Curious what the group thinks.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2134W nobody budgets for. Am I missing something obvious?
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Interesting point above. I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 22:30 UTC
Genuine question first: running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Am I missing something obvious?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 22:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Am I missing something obvious?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Good thread this. my S21 has been at it for 24 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Same here honestly. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's everyone else seeing?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 23:30 UTC
Underrated topic. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 00:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the real cost is never the rig, it's the 846W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
This matches my experience. renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
brave-rig-256 · 16/09/26 01:00 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-furnace-202 · 16/09/26 01:10 UTC
Underrated topic. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. my S19 has been at it for 3 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me.
atomic-miner-339 · 16/09/26 01:30 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 02:20 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Would you do it differently?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 02:50 UTC
Interesting point above. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 03:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Counterpoint: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Convince me otherwise.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 03:40 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 293W nobody budgets for. What's your setup?
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 03:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. second-hand Bitaxe prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 04:10 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Would you do it differently?
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Convince me otherwise.
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 04:50 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 05:10 UTC
Same here honestly. second-hand S21 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Anyone tried the opposite?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 05:30 UTC
Genuine question first: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 05:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 05:50 UTC
Good thread this. swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
golden-oracle-302 · 16/09/26 06:40 UTC
Late to this one but I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 06:50 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Convince me otherwise.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 07:00 UTC
This matches my experience. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Anyone measuring something different?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 07:20 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Counterpoint: renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
omega-nonce-496 · 16/09/26 07:40 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand M60 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
night-kernel-772 · 16/09/26 07:50 UTC
Insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's your setup?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 08:10 UTC
Second this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
nova-cipher-479 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
Second this. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Would you do it differently?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 16/09/26 08:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 08:30 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
rapid-relay-675 · 16/09/26 08:40 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 08:50 UTC
Swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Numbers welcome.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 09:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. What's everyone else seeing?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 09:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
atomic-relay-537 · 16/09/26 09:40 UTC
For what it's worth, my M50 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's your setup?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 10:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 281W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 10:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, a 1799W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 10:30 UTC
Interesting point above. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 10:40 UTC
Second this. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 11:30 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. What's your setup?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, undervolting bought me 12% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 16/09/26 11:50 UTC
Reading this from {place}, the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the basement was the real fix. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 12:10 UTC
Counterpoint: cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts.
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 12:20 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
My Bitaxe Gamma has been at it for 36 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 16/09/26 12:40 UTC
Good thread this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Anyone measuring something different?
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 13:20 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 13:40 UTC
Genuine question first: the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 16/09/26 13:50 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-hashrate-688 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand L7 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 16/09/26 14:00 UTC
Second this. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 14 hours than a month of reading.
quiet-cipher-484 · 16/09/26 14:30 UTC
Late to this one but the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. an allotment shed was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 15:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, renting hashrate for LTC taught me more in 27 hours than a month of reading. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 15:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare Bitaxe paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 15:50 UTC
Genuine question first: my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 16:00 UTC
My M60 has been at it for 62 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Second this. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top.
nova-satoshi-720 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 16:10 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; a shed full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone tried the opposite?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 17:40 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Am I missing something obvious?
delta-circuit-965 · 16/09/26 18:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
solar-oracle-291 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
My spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue. Anyone measuring something different?
golden-block-317 · 16/09/26 18:30 UTC
For what it's worth, I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Curious what the group thinks.
night-node-496 · 16/09/26 18:40 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Am I missing something obvious?
noble-dynamo-806 · 16/09/26 18:50 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Curious what the group thinks.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 16/09/26 19:10 UTC
Counterpoint: renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 25 hours than a month of reading.
night-block-742 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Second this. undervolting bought me 14% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 20:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. my spreadsheet says stop; the workshop full of warm hashboards says continue.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
turbo-cipher-977 · 16/09/26 20:30 UTC
A small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 16/09/26 20:40 UTC
Interesting point above. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
frost-nonce-924 · 16/09/26 20:50 UTC
This matches my experience. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Good thread this. the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 21:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 16/09/26 21:50 UTC
Good thread this. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. What's everyone else seeing?
omega-beacon-332 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Late to this one but insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-nonce-225 · 16/09/26 22:00 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
atomic-relay-130 · 16/09/26 22:40 UTC
A 1142W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 16/09/26 23:20 UTC
Late to this one but I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 23:40 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. Convince me otherwise.
night-ledger-606 · 16/09/26 23:50 UTC
Hot take incoming: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
zen-halving-251 · 17/09/26 00:30 UTC
For what it's worth, renting hashrate for ETC taught me more in 32 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 00:50 UTC
For what it's worth, swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1911W nobody budgets for. Curious what the group thinks.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 01:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. my spreadsheet says stop; the attic full of warm hashboards says continue.
swift-hashrate-415 · 17/09/26 01:30 UTC
Good thread this. I moved everything to ESP-Miner and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Would you do it differently?
omega-nonce-496 · 17/09/26 01:50 UTC
Same here honestly. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
Interesting point above. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2793W nobody budgets for.
solar-cipher-254 · 17/09/26 02:00 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 820W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?