미래에 오신 것을 환영합니다

← Forum · Altcoin Mining

Which alt actually paid your power bill this month?

solar-oracle-291 · 15/09/26 01:30 UTC
Underrated topic. firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 01:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. Anyone tried the opposite?
zen-halving-251 · 15/09/26 02:00 UTC
Counterpoint: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
For what it's worth, the real cost is never the rig, it's the 1943W nobody budgets for. Would you do it differently?
lucky-beacon-567 · 15/09/26 02:30 UTC
The noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. the workshop was the real fix.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 02:40 UTC
Counterpoint: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Good thread this. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2454W nobody budgets for.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 02:50 UTC
Second this. I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. What's your setup?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 03:00 UTC
Counterpoint: a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 03:10 UTC
Good thread this. heat reuse in the basement is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Would you do it differently?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 03:20 UTC
Counterpoint: a 1525W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 03:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 03:40 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. Curious what the group thinks.
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 03:40 UTC
Late to this one but I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 03:40 UTC
Genuine question first: I moved everything to Braiins and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak. Anyone tried the opposite?
noble-dynamo-806 · 15/09/26 04:00 UTC
Difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power.
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 04:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-cipher-484 · 15/09/26 05:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic.
atomic-relay-130 · 15/09/26 05:10 UTC
Not sure I buy that. second-hand M50 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. What's your setup?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 05:20 UTC
Good thread this. a 2031W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 06:10 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Numbers welcome.
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 06:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. Anyone measuring something different?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 06:30 UTC
For what it's worth, second-hand S19 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Convince me otherwise.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 06:50 UTC
Underrated topic. second-hand old S9 prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Curious what the group thinks.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 07:00 UTC
Genuine question first: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 07:30 UTC
Counterpoint: heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter. Curious what the group thinks.
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 07:50 UTC
Interesting point above. second-hand Bitaxe Gamma prices near me make repair skills worth more than new hardware. Am I missing something obvious?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 08:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Second this. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing. What's everyone else seeing?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 08:40 UTC
Renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Good thread this. undervolting bought me 10% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 08:50 UTC
Late to this one but pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 09:30 UTC
Counterpoint: XMR on the small rigs, XMR on the big ones — diversification of boredom.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 09:40 UTC
Same here honestly. renting hashrate for ALPH taught me more in 22 hours than a month of reading.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Convince me otherwise.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 09:50 UTC
Late to this one but renting out my spare L7 paid for its own repairs this quarter.
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 10:00 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2791W nobody budgets for. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 10:10 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. a shed was the real fix. Anyone tried the opposite?
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 10:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried. What's your setup?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 10:30 UTC
Same here honestly. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. What's everyone else seeing?
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 10:50 UTC
Good thread this. ETC on the small rigs, ETC on the big ones — diversification of boredom. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way.
atomic-miner-339 · 15/09/26 11:30 UTC
Not sure I buy that. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 2779W nobody budgets for.
nova-cipher-479 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Reading this from {place}, my KS3 has been at it for 22 days straight and the numbers at the wall still surprise me. Would you do it differently?
night-ledger-606 · 15/09/26 11:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 11:50 UTC
For what it's worth, multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
swift-hashrate-415 · 15/09/26 12:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. solo mining RVN is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Anyone tried the opposite?
nova-satoshi-720 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. difficulty grinding up is just the market telling you to find cheaper power. Anyone measuring something different?
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Curious what the group thinks.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 12:50 UTC
Counterpoint: the noise problem is solved by distance, not gadgets. my flat was the real fix. What's everyone else seeing?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 13:00 UTC
Counterpoint: pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Numbers welcome.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
The real cost is never the rig, it's the 599W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 13:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: firmware updates over USB first, OTA only after you trust the supply. Learned the hard way. What's your setup?
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 13:40 UTC
Not sure I buy that. heat reuse in the workshop is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 14:30 UTC
Interesting point above. my seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved. Convince me otherwise.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 15:00 UTC
For what it's worth, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 15:40 UTC
Same here honestly. heat reuse in the attic is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's your setup?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 16:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — solo mining ALPH is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Would you do it differently?
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 16:40 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. pool fees look small until you count payout friction on top. Convince me otherwise.
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Heat reuse in a shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter.
rapid-relay-675 · 15/09/26 16:50 UTC
Genuine question first: renting out my spare KS3 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's your setup?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 17:00 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. renting out my spare old S9 paid for its own repairs this quarter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 17:10 UTC
Reading this from {place}, solo mining XMR is a lottery where you keep the ticket price as expected value. I still buy the ticket. Numbers welcome.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Second this. the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Numbers welcome.
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — swapping a tired PSU for a platinum unit beat every clever tweak I'd tried.
golden-oracle-302 · 15/09/26 17:40 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — I moved everything to a wall meter and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
quiet-nonce-225 · 15/09/26 17:50 UTC
Same here honestly. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Numbers welcome.
omega-miner-337 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
This matches my experience. running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. Anyone tried the opposite?
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Late to this one but running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included.
frost-nonce-924 · 15/09/26 18:00 UTC
Interesting point above. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped. Anyone measuring something different?
crimson-mempool-907 · 15/09/26 18:20 UTC
I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition.
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 18:40 UTC
Good thread this. a small test rental before committing has saved me twice now — watch the shares land at your own pool first. Curious what the group thinks.
night-kernel-772 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
This matches my experience. renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Numbers welcome.
lucky-halving-589 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
Not sure I buy that. I treat mining income as a slow DCA and the mood swings stopped.
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 19:00 UTC
My seed backup plan finally moved from paper to steel this month. Sleep improved.
night-node-496 · 15/09/26 19:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Anyone measuring something different?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 19:20 UTC
Late to this one but a 2126W night-tariff window is the closest thing to free money in home mining. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 15/09/26 20:00 UTC
For what it's worth, cable temperature is the diagnostic nobody checks. Warm connectors are wasted watts. Curious what the group thinks.
hex-hashrate-688 · 15/09/26 20:20 UTC
The energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 20:50 UTC
Renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 20 hours than a month of reading. What's everyone else seeing?
silent-nonce-260 · 15/09/26 21:00 UTC
Hot take incoming: insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
atomic-block-563 · 15/09/26 21:10 UTC
Renting out my spare Bitaxe Gamma paid for its own repairs this quarter. Would you do it differently?
noble-wallet-319 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — the energy argument lands better with a greenhouse tour than a statistic. Would you do it differently?
atomic-relay-537 · 15/09/26 21:20 UTC
Reading this from {place}, I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. What's everyone else seeing?
delta-circuit-965 · 15/09/26 21:30 UTC
Running a node changed how I think about the whole stack, mining included. What's your setup?
cosmic-beacon-346 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
For what it's worth, the best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract.
omega-beacon-332 · 15/09/26 22:00 UTC
Interesting point above. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 18 hours than a month of reading. What's your setup?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Hot take incoming: undervolting bought me 19% efficiency for a small hashrate haircut, and I'd do it again. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-hashrate-376 · 15/09/26 22:20 UTC
Counterpoint: I moved everything to Stratum v2 and the difference was bigger than any chip tweak.
night-block-742 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Good thread this. renting hashrate for BTC taught me more in 23 hours than a month of reading. Anyone measuring something different?
quiet-difficulty-422 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Been thinking about this all week. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Would you do it differently?
turbo-cipher-977 · 15/09/26 22:50 UTC
Not sure I buy that. insurance for rented-out rigs is decoration unless the use is named in writing.
golden-stratum-402 · 15/09/26 23:00 UTC
Strong disagree with the last reply — multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot. Am I missing something obvious?
omega-nonce-496 · 15/09/26 23:10 UTC
Same here honestly. the real cost is never the rig, it's the 3113W nobody budgets for. Anyone measuring something different?
hex-furnace-202 · 15/09/26 23:40 UTC
The best mining alpha left is patience plus a boring power contract. Would you do it differently?
brave-node-304 · 16/09/26 00:00 UTC
Underrated topic. multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
golden-stratum-402 · 16/09/26 00:10 UTC
Hot take incoming: I killed a hashboard learning hotair rework and consider it tuition. Am I missing something obvious?
solar-circuit-782 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
Genuine question first: multisig with a written recovery plan beats any single clever hiding spot.
silent-nonce-260 · 16/09/26 00:30 UTC
I keep one flexible rig warm purely for new PoW launches. Preparation beats hashrate. Numbers welcome.
zen-halving-251 · 16/09/26 00:50 UTC
This matches my experience. heat reuse in an allotment shed is what makes the maths work for me in winter. What's everyone else seeing?
lucky-beacon-567 · 16/09/26 01:20 UTC
Not sure I buy that. renting hashrate for KAS taught me more in 9 hours than a month of reading. Anyone tried the opposite?

↩ Reply

Generate or sign in with a forum identity to reply.

Crypttron app icon
Add to Home Screen
Get the Crypttron app — free, no store needed